Dphat, the kind generous soul that he is bestowed me with this award on his blog some days (ok, weeks) back.
Everyone else thanked him profusely for the award and wrote him epitaphs eulogies praises. Me – I completely forgot about it and wrote some other post.
Tires explode. Volcanoes explode. Sony Xplod.
And then .. Dphat explodes.
Not only did he manage to take it out on me in the comments section of my post, he managed to make sure he was the first one to do so. I had promised him a post and I am a man of my word. On most days. Dphat, bro, if you are reading this, read on. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed!
Here’s the rules:-In order to ‘receive’ this award, one must satisfy the following conditions:
a. List 10 honest truths about yourself.
b. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
Whoever put that OR clause in there deserves an award.
And for writing seven (7), they deserve to have their award taken back from them and spanked over their head with it.
Alright. Before I add to the misery of 7 people who must be peacefully sleeping now and would have no idea of the turmoil that tomorrow is going to puke at them, I shall make an attempt to shock you, my dear voyeuristic reader ten (10) honest things about me.
I’ll use a theme to make it easier ..
10. When I take important calls, I can never sit. I always walk. Hexagons and its cousins are my favorite walk templates.
9. I drink 1.5 liters of water everyday. I consume this in less than an hour. Water, I have found, is not a tenable guest. The entire 1.5 liters leaves me in another hour. The question that just popped into your head – don’t ask it.
8. I always eat bread from outside to in. Crust first. Always.
7. If I say good night to someone, they should say good night to me. If they didn’t hear me and I say good night again, then they have to say good night to me twice. Wait, it gets weirder. When I have to tell them that they have to say good night to me twice, it counts as one more good night from me. To avoid an infinite loop, I usually say “Say good night to me thrice”.
It would really, really suck if the person replied with “Huh?”
6. I love keeping things clean. Especially the inside of my nose.
5. I have always felt that I have a super-power which I haven’t discovered yet. When I was kid, I have tried everything to find this power. For a long time I thought that it was something called Ghost Vision. When I looked at something intently, I realized that I could see it’s soul. I managed to convince a class-mate of mine that he had Ghost Vision. When we played soccer, I used to shout “Jithin, use your ghost-vision on the ball”. As Jithin focused his power on the ball, it would rise and float into the opponent’s goal-post. The cheer-leading team would .. alright. Okay .. Honest. Nope. Our ghost vision never got us anywhere. I learnt about how the eye focuses in a biology class much later.
4. When someone ahead of me is walking and talking, I adjust my speed so that I can eavesdrop in on their conversation. I don’t think I’ve ever been noticed.
3. During my MBA, I had a couple of videos that I watched before heading into the heated GD qualifying sessions. These videos would get me into the ‘zone’. Again – no questions about my choice of videos. One video was Neo’s fight in Matrix Reloaded at the Vampire Chateau watch. The other was the music video for “Bittersweet Symphony” by the Verve – watch
2. When I eat Bhel Puri, I eat in smallest nibbles possible.
1. I am fascinated by belly-button lint.
And now of course, I’m going to have to kill you.
And without any further ado, the generous person that I am, I shall now donate this award to seven (7) deserving people, who have been chosen from a rather small list of seven (7) people.