72 classes, 7 tests, lots of taxi rides and Rs. 66,000 later, I finally passed my final driving test.
What the secret recipe? I’m a sucker for lucky charms, and here’s the top 10 things you need to do to get a licence in Sharjah
10. Ask your parents to visit as many temples as they can in 2 days
9. Ask your sister to go on fast for a day ending it only when she hears you have passed
8. Ask arbit people to say a little prayer for you
9. Send out an SOS to all relatives in the sky who can make sure God checks his mail
7. Ditch the pick-nose-till-sparkling-clean-brings-good-luck theory
6. Toss out the lucky-book-I-have-to-carry-everywhere
5. Be the last person to enter the car
4. Dress like a cool hobo – faded T shirt and jeans
3. Don’t carry your laptop – you don’t want to have to look like you have money to burn
2. Break a mirror so that the seven years bad luck you incur, negates your perputal bad luck to ensure that you have super good luck!
1. Make a pact with the devil to sell your soul
chuck all that and ask your granny (paati) to pray for you!