Hey. Thanks for the wishes everyone. With your emailed, smsed and called up blessings last year, I managed to make another journey around the sun.
Highlights of the year that went by:-
a. All my friends got hitched. I watched. I blogged.
b. I dressed up in a Burkha and spooked a granny. Instant Hit!
c. I moved from Chennai to Sharjah. I jumped from the frying pan into the fire.
d. I managed to create 2 blogs and cross link them like crazy.
Yesterday night, I had this urge to find out what day I was born. So I searched for the 1981 calendar.
Turns out I was born on a Sunday. When I was in school, I remember learning about a poem called Monday’s child. It was a poem that was taught to every kid who passed through 3rd grade. I didn’t remember who wrote it. The poem did a character analysis about kids depending on what day they were born on. I didn’t think I could get the poem, but guess what?
- Monday’s child is fair of face.
- Tuesday’s child is full of grace.
- Wednesday’s child is full of woe.
- Thursday’s child has far to go.
- Friday’s child is loving and giving.
- Saturday’s child works hard for a living,
- But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day
- Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.
So I’m supposed to be born on Sabbath day, which means I should be bonny (nope), and blithe(nope) and gay (really?)
Man, I never even got a chance did I?