I got inspired by reading Still Searching’s blog. I’ve never tried recording what I’d like to do in a year. I had put my Gtalk status message as ‘This will be the year that I finally…’. People kept buzzing in to ask me what it was. I asked them to guess what it could be.
Hima thought this would be the year that I would start answering straight. Sagmon decided I would get married this year. Kiru .. well forget what Kiru said. Gary thought I’m “gonna get higher”. I wished he meant in my career, but I think he was into his second round of “neat beer”, so I dropped the wishing
What do I wish to do (not necessarily achieve) this year
– I want to get my dad’s 60th birthday done well. This is a place where I want to try some creativity. Lately, I’ve felt that I’ve not been able to use it in many places
– I shall adopt a pet. A dog, cat, parrot, goldfish are high on my list
– I shall finish atleast one PC game
– I shall try to understand my sister better. In a year’s time she will get married and things will change.
– I shall learn Arabic. If not the language, the swears would do
– I shall visit one country outside the GCC
– I don’t want to get married this year. But this year, I’d like to meet the girl who’s going to be an important participant in the process a year later.
– I shall read and read and read
– I shall continue my salsa classes. If I can’t do that, then I should enroll for any dance classes
– If I can’t do above, then my guitaring must improve
– I shall hope that my inventory of friends improves in quality and not quantity
– I shall try to do random acts of kindness
– I shall try to invest my money better and with lesser help from my dad
– I shall stop using measurables in my resolution