I only wish I had read this sooner. It Would have saved me half a day’s cooking if I had known this. Give it a try and see if you can get the dal cooked without doing it about 7 times if you haven’t read what’s below.
- Wash the dal like rice, soak for 20 minutes.
- Place plenty of water, add dal and boil.
- Simmer and cook covered, add more water if required.
- Toor dal takes approx. 40 minutes over stove
- 3 whistles pressure cooker
- 1:3 water in microwave high 12-14 minutes.
- Yellow moong dal: 25 minutes on stove
- 2 whistles in pressure cooker
- 1:2 water in microwave high 8-9 minutes
I got it from this link.